Need to pay your invoice?
No problem! Now you can pay your bill
online in just a few clicks using our secured payment through PayPal.
Thank you for taking interest in my service. Before you bring your quilt to me, there are just a few things that you need to do.
- Prepare your backing fabric 6-8 inches larger on all 4 sides than the pieced top (see below).
- Purchase a batting that is also 6-8 inches larger on all 4 sides than the pieced top. I have batting available for purchase if you'd like to skip this step.
- Press all seams of the pieced top with an iron.
- Clip all hanging threads that you do not want to show through the top.
- Last but not least, please call to setup a time to come by, as my schedule varies greatly from day to day - (541) 265-2490, or you can email me to make an appointment. Need to send your quilt? No problem. email me to let me know it's coming, my address is on the Contact page.
- Determine the size the back should be -- measure the top and add 8" to the length and width. (ex. The top finishes at 40" x 60", the back would then be 48" x 68").
- Determine if a horizontal seam or a vertical seam will make the best use of the fabric (Generally, you can plan on 40" of usable width of fabric after seaming the back).
- Tear one end of the fabric achieving an edge that is straight of grain.
- Measure from the torn edge to the desired length and tear the fabric again at that length.
- Remove the salvage edges by tearing with the length-wise grain.
- Measure the second length and tear the fabric once again.
- Measure the second length for the desired width and tear with the length-wise grain to that measurement.
- Remove any remaining salvage edges of the second length.
- Press all torn edges and remove strings.
- Seam back pieces with a ½" seam allowance and use your walking foot. Press the seam open.
- Fold back in half smoothing it until it lays flat without wrinkles or ruffled edges.
- Trim any edges that are not square.